Bareback (no thermal compound/adhesive) non-lapped. NB fan removed because it became noisy, slow, and well... dead. Turned out to be compeltely unnecessary anyway. It seems a-bit has a reputation for shitty NB fans =) Pretty funny since their boards kicked ass until recently.
Video Card brand:
GeForce 3 Ti200
ADDITION OVERCLOCKING INFORMATION
CPU Overclocked Clock Speed:
100% stable, Full load CPU in the 50's, I've pushed 1064 MHz with max mobo voltage (without voltmod) of 1.85v, but temps barely safe and crashes after a couple hours of testing w/Q3A. Might be due to a combination of high temps and PSU not being able to maintain the voltage well enough (large overvolts use a lot more power). I've overclocked the Xerox+Noname memory sticks to 145 MHz fine with 1 bump up to I/O voltage, but this requried a slight PCI bus jump. Anything between 133 and 145 required a bigger jump. I had some trouble with 145 MHz or with the resulting CPU clock however and didn't mind falling back on 1000/133 for gauranteed stability.
After partaking in the magic green herb (something I very rarely do) and starting to come down from the effects, I browsed case mods at Twisted Forums and became... inspired. Immediately I set to work on cleaning up my case with whatever I had lying around. I worked over 7 hours straight.
Most importantly I got rid of all the unnecessary wires by routing them to the back. I also flipped my hard drives around so all their wiring wouldn't sit in front of the window for all to see. Third, I removed the grill off the volcano 11+. This got rid of the high pitched whine and probably improved airflow. Also makes me look like less of a thermaltake whore ;) (Tt PSU, Tt HSF, Tt cold cathodes, Tt fan controllers). My next step was to use some of that old fake-chrome split loom to cover up the main 20pin power connector wires (black tape halfway down the length of that is intentional, for looks). Wrapped the wires I couldn't figure out how to manage with black electrical tape. Sloppy but better than nothing. Finally, used black electrical tape to cover ~half the circumerence of each cold cathode (2x) because they're just way too damn bright, and repositioned them so instead of shining directly into viewer's eyes, the light was directed to the innards of the case.
Other than that I just removed a bunch of dust. Too bad I didn't have compressed air.
Stay away from habitual drug use and man-made drugs. Always do your homework. Lives revolving around drugs are pathetic.